Data Privacy Statement
This privacy notice explains the types of data we need from you, the purposes of the processing of your data, how we process your information, to whom we may disclose it such as other companies within Inspired Education Group, where your information may be transferred as well as your rights and how to exercise them.
We are Inspired Education Holdings Ltd. (also referred as “Inspired Education Group”), registered in England with number 10392529, addressed at Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom.
We operate numerous affiliated schools globally by our local offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
1. Types of data processed
Inspired Education Group will globally manage the selection processes of all the business units and schools (also referred as “employers” or “entities”) in the employment opportunities of the registered users in our Global Careers Site.
To make the most of our Global Careers Site, you will need to register as a user. Candidates who register with our site must provide us with their personal and professional data so that it’s possible to be able to use all of its functionalities such as applying for jobs and subscribing to our job alerts.
Your data will be processed by Inspired Education Group as the data controller. In order to register your account as a “User”, we would need your identification, contact details and location.
At the time you have created your account, you will be able to access to the job opportunities within Inspired Education Group. You can apply to the professional positions and locations by sending the information required.
Such information is:
- Identification (name, surname, identification number, nationality, language, location);
- Contact information (postal address, email, contact telephone number);
- Family details (children, marital status)
- Professional preferences (relocation and position)
- Professional background, referees and work legal authorisation;
- Sensitive data (disability or other health related matter);
- Academic and educational information (qualifications, degrees and training);
- Criminal record / police check status;
- We can also obtain your information by our website cookies.
- You could also be profiled considering your professional background, training, location and preferences in order to receive the job alerts.
2. Lawful basis for processing
The legitimacy for the processing of your data is your consent. If you decline this privacy statement, you are not accepting the processing of your data and you will not be able to move forward with your job application (s). Your consent is also the basis to send you our job alerts.
In addition, we collect the necessary data on our legitimate interest to cover a position through the job application as well as to pursue the purposes stated below.
We also need to meet our legal, contractual or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies.
3. Purposes for processing
The purpose of collecting and processing your data is the provision of access and possibility to use the platform as well as the consideration of your applied candidacy.
We will process your data only for the purposes of:
- Process your register in Global Careers site’s platform;
- To include your application in the selection processes;
- Conducting checks to verify your suitability for placements considering your professional profile and preferences;
4. Sharing your data with third parties
To fulfil the purposes indicated above, it is necessary that other companies or individuals can access to your data to perform certain functions on our behalf. These third parties include:
- The human resources departments of Inspired Education Group business units and schools to which you have applied your candidacy. They will access and process your data with the aim to consider your application. Therefore, it is necessary that we communicate or transfer the information that you have supplied to us through our global platform to those employers that are part of Inspired Education Group. You can find the list of the such entities at https://www.inspirededu.com/about-us/our-schools.
We may also have to share your data with:
-Public authorities if we are legally required (tax authority, social security, auditors, etc).
-Law enforcement authorities, courts and regulatory authorities (e.g. as part of a criminal investigation, police services may require us to disclose your personal data to them).
-IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems;
-Third party outsourced IT and document storage providers where we have an appropriate processing agreement (or similar protections) in place;
-Providers of professional services (auditors, tax and legal advisors, checkers of criminal records or supporters for a safe recruitment);
- Marketing technology platforms and suppliers (e.g., we may store your personal data in a cloud-based CRM application that is hosted and provided by a third party service provider);
Such recipients will only have access to your personal information if they need it to perform their functions and may not use your personal information for any other purpose. These recipients are subject to confidentiality commitment and data protection obligations.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following cases:
• To obtain references about you from those third parties if required within the scope of the selection process;
• If we sell or buy any business unit or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business unit or assets;
4. International data transfer
Your register data will be stored in UK. Your application could require that we transfer your information between and within Inspired Education Group’s entities established in other countries outside European Economic Area that may not provide an adequate level of protection.
Such transfers are necessary for the performance of the selection process and for the purposes of the employment contract or where you have consented to the data transfer. Your data will be directly processed and stored locally by these business units or schools for the purpose of managing directly such selection processes.
To ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures to ensure that your data are processed in a way that is consistent with and which respects the law on data protection. Inspired Education Group companies adopted the IDTA and Standard Contractual Clauses so that the data flows necessary to provide, support, and develop the selection processes take place legally.
5. Data retention periods
The period of conservation of your data will depend on the purposes for which we process them:
a) Registration as a user of the Global Platform and registration in selection processes: We will keep your data for as long as you keep your account active or until you withdraw your consent for the processing of your data. Your account will be deactivated if it is inactive for a period of 12 months.
b) Registration to receive job alerts by email: We will keep your data until you cancel the subscription to such alerts.
c) Attention to queries: We will process your data for the time necessary to attend to your request.
Once such purposes end, we will keep your data for as long as it is necessary to comply with legal requirements, application of sectoral regulations and existing prescription periods. Once such periods have elapsed, we will delete your data under the corresponding security measures.
You can exercise the right to:
• Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
• Access the information we process and how we process it, as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data;
• Ask for the erasure of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay;
• Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
• Obtain a restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified;
• Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
• Object to processing of data for direct marketing purposes;
• Withdraw consent at any time to the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise your rights by sending us a written request, indicating in the subject “Data Protection Request”, along with a copy of you ID document, to our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
If you consider we do not attend to your request properly, you can also file a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
We will not collect and / or process information from individuals under 13 years old. Consent from parents or legal representatives will always be required.
8. Storing and securing information
We have adopted all necessary technical and organisational means in order to ensure the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal data, as well as to avoid any loss, alteration, destruction and/or access by unauthorised third parties.
9. IP addresses and cookies
When using our site, we also collect information about you, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you or any individual.
If your computer is shared with other people, we advise that you do not select the ‘remember my password’ option when that option is offered by the Website.
This policy was last updated March 2023